Climate Ready Communities
Providing Whole Community Resilience to local governments through an assisted “Do-It-Yourself” approach with 3 elements:
- Comprehensive Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience for small to medium sized communities (free).
- Subscription service for support includes templates, tutorials, monthly call-in forum, online forum, and 2 hours of consulting per year ($2,499 for year one, $1,500 per year after that).
- Additional support services such as blocks of consulting time, local climate change projections, on-site facilitation, and webinars on climate and resilience-related topics ($1k – $15k).
Does your community:
- want to develop a resilience plan and integrate climate change into community planning processes?
- have uncertainty about how or where to start?
- aim to complete its plan within 12-18 months?
- have minimal funding to start?
- have diverse political perspectives regarding climate change?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, and your community wants assistance using the Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience, please see information about the commercial pilot for Climate Ready Communities subscription service or have Geos Institute contact me.
Subscription Service Pilot Program
The Geos Institute will begin a commercial pilot for the Climate Ready Communities subscription service in May, 2018. This pilot will include all components of the subscription service, which have been beta-reviewed and will soon be ready for use by communities. The pilot program will run 6 months before the subscription service is made widely available. A limited number of slots in the pilot program are still available on a first come, first served basis. Pilot communities will pay the standard subscription price ($2,499), and gain an additional 3 hours of consulting time at no additional cost (for a total of 5 hours).
- Download the Climate Ready Communities Program flyer
- Download the Subscription Service Details– includes list of templates and tutorials
- Learn more on the Climate Ready Communities website
"Climate Ready Communities has given the City of Warren the means and resources necessary to begin meaningful dialogues about climate change, mitigation, and adaptation in a way that leads to community-driven actions that can be implemented by way of local and county governments through actions organized by steering committees."
City of Warren, MN
"We were excited to participate in the beta review of the Climate Ready Communities program, given the great experience we had working with the Geos Institute on our initial climate resilience planning several years ago. We had a team from my non-profit organization, the city, and the county conduct the review, and we believe their comprehensive approach shows that they really understand what it is like to do this work in the real world. The templates and tutorials in their subscription service make their 7 Step climate resilience framework accessible for local government and partners. We plan to use the Climate Ready Communities framework and subscription service to help with a climate resilience plan for Missoula County. We're excited about the public launch of this program - the more climate resilient communities the better!"
Amy Cilimburg, Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula
Contact Geoff with subscription service inquiries